Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Team Bud Update

Team Bud Update: 

I'm being honest - yesterday was a day I was both looking forward to and dreading at the same time: the day that Dad wanted to get the garden out. I'm going to admit I was a nervous wreck all day long at work - worrying about him overdoing it and getting out of breath or having some chest and muscle pains. Turns out the only stress today was the stress I had at work. I'm very happy to report that he and Mom set out 13 tomato plants, in addition so planting squash, zucchini, and peppers. He said he felt fine and was going to use the small rotor-tiller and get the other half of the garden tilled up to plant beans, but a belt broke on the tiller. He said that was his sign to stop and go in and rest. 

Never fear - as soon as I got home from the Bats game last night, I got online and ordered the belt and another part from the fine folks at Troy-Bilt. He wanted super-fast shipment, so they will be delivered on Wednesday, so you can pretty much bet that Wednesday afternoon, he will be out there tilling up the bean patch. 

Thanks again so much for all of your words of encouragement to/for Dad. It means the world to us.

No comments: