Saturday, May 30, 2015

Time For My Weekly Therapy Session

A lot of people pay for weekly sessions with a therapist, but I've recently discovered a weekly therapy session that costs me nothing but a little gasoline and an hour of my time: mowing the grass in the back field at The Compound.  

It had been ages since I got on our trusty little tractor to mow the back field, mainly because Dad always did it.  But about a month ago, when he and Mom were out planting the garden, I wanted to keep an eye on him, just in case, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and decided to mow the back field.  I loved it.  I put on my ear buds and listened to music and before I knew it, I had already mowed almost an acre of grass. It was even more therapeutic than when I was riding my old Schwinn bike.  The only thinking I had to do was to keep the tractor straight.  

In the weeks since that first time, I've looked forward to my regularly scheduled therapeutic mowing session.  In fact, I'm getting ready to head to my therapy session right now. 

No comments: