Sunday, May 17, 2015

People Will Never Learn

I needed some cash, so I drove up to the use the ATM just up the road from The Compound.  There was one car in line ahead of me, and when they got their money and drove off, once again, I saw where the lady did not end the transaction.  There on the screen was "Do you want another transaction" and then the "yes" or "no" spots to press.  Just for the heck of it, I pressed "yes" and the next screen that popped up asked if I wanted the money from checking, savings, etc.  I quickly hit cancelled to prove my point that people never will learn. 

I wasn't afraid of getting arrested or of getting my picture taken by the camera in the ATM; the camera is triggered at the beginning when the pin number is entered.  And after I pulled out and drove up the road, I looked for the car that was in front of me.  If I had seen her, I would have showed her my credentials to prove I was a security consultant and not a crazy person, and then I would have explained to her that she needs to close out the transaction before she drives off.  

So let this be a lesson - whenever you are at the ATM, no matter how much of a hurry you are in, take a few seconds to close out the transaction.  You'll be glad you did. 

No comments: