Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday Rodeo

We just finished with the Wednesday Rodeo here at The Compound.  When I pulled into the driveway, the little yipping dog from up the street was in the driveway running around.  As soon as I got out of the Blazer, the yipping dog ran up to me and started jumping up and down.  Of course, my arms were full with my purse and briefcase and I didn't have a free hand to reach down and grab his collar so I could take him up the street to his home.  So what did he do?  He did the next best thing.  He followed Mom next door as she was going to check on Miss Rosemary, and he promptly ran into the house.  Once inside, Mom said he plopped down on the floor, as if he belonged there.  Mom walked over and grabbed hold of his collar, making sure the little fellow wasn't going to get away, while Miss Rosemary's daughter called his owner.  In about two minutes, his owner was knocking on Miss Rosemary's door, ready to haul the prodigal dog back home.  I'm just thankful that we were able to corral the little fellow before anything bad happened to him.

No comments: