Friday, October 28, 2011

Flashback Friday

When I was little, I would start my Christmas shopping as soon as the Sears catalog would come in the mail.  Shopping for me, mind you; not for presents for other people.  One year all I wanted for Christmas was a Coke dispenser, and lo and behold, Santa brought it to me.  It was without a doubt one of my favorite Christmas presents ever. I'm pretty sure I got it when I was 5.

The white boxy part of the dispenser came off, and you would carefully lay a 16 ounce bottle of Coke on its side (opened, of course) and attach a little hose-type thing to the opening of the bottle.  That part was connected to the gray plastic lever that you would push in to dispense the Coke. It was a very cool toy. But it was very messy.  I venture to say the only thing I've ever bought that was messier was a $%&@*^ juicer machine.  But I digress.  When it was attached right, it worked just fine.  But if it wasn't, you sure had a mess on your hands with spilled Coke everywhere.

The Coke dispenser came with small plastic Coke glasses, just like in the picture. I've long since gotten rid/thrown away my Coke dispenser, but we still have a couple of the glasses somewhere here in The Compound. 

No comments: