Monday, July 4, 2011

Non-Decisions

For the past week or so, I've entertained you, my faithful readers, with posts of how I was going to only make one decision a day while I've been on vacation.  I think I did pretty good.  I relax and didn't much do of anything.  I didn't run around or rip and tear all over; I stayed home.  I only went to my beloved WalMart twice since I've been on vacation. This was without a doubt the most relaxing vacation that I've ever had. So while I purposely took it easy and didn't make many decisions, I did have one major non-decision.  To me, a non-decision is something that, well, you don't decide if you want to do it or not; you just do it.  Going to work, paying bills, and breathing all fall in that category. And after a year lapse, riding the bicycle every day now is back in the non-decision category. 

I've ridden the bike for the past four days, and it's only been today that I've realized why I enjoyed it so much before.  For that hour, I don't have to think about anything except not falling off of the bike or hitting something.  But for me, riding the bike every became a non-decision yesterday afternoon when I was riding in the heat and humidity, and wanted to just call Dad and have him come and pick me up.  I kept on riding and made it home and decided that from now on, riding is something that I will once again do every day.

No comments: