Friday, July 15, 2011

Flashback Friday

I'm not ashamed to admit that I listened to a supposedly oldies country music channel on the "I Heart Radio" phone app this afternoon at work when I was working on a mundane task.  I was expecting the radio channel to play Miss Tammy Wynette, George Jones, Merle Haggard and a host of other classic country stars.  When I tuned to the channel, the first song that played was Wynonna's "No One Else On Earth" that was on the radio charts this very month back in 1992.  I remember this because that was when I was sidelined from my big wreck.

I sat there at my desk and wondered when did songs from the 1990's become considered as classics?  I don't have an answer for this one; I hope my faithful readers will be able to shed some light on this.

No comments: