Thursday, November 19, 2009

Twas The Week Before Thanksgiving . . .

This time next Thursday, the big turkey dinners will be just a memory for all of us. But I have to say that tonight at supper, we had a pre-Thanksgiving meal. Let me just say for the record, we all three agreed that we would have been just as happy eating this meal next Thursday. Mom fixed a chicken in the awesome George Foreman rotisserie, and it was the juiciest chicken we've ever had. To accompany the old bird, we had my favorite collard greens and our family favorie instant mashed potatoes. We each three had normal helpings, but we could have easily had seconds, it was so good. We still can't get over how juicy and tender meat is when you cook it in the rotisserie.

This is going to sound dark and probably offensive so some, but we're truthfully not all that excited about next Thursday - to us, it's just another day in the week. And yes, I am speaking for the three of us - not just for me. It's just going to be another Thursday meal to the three of us here at The Compound; there's nothing really special about the day, especially when it seems that the only emphasis on Thanksgiving Day is the Black Friday sales on the day after. Before you go any further, I can honestly say that the three of us try to celebrate Thanksgiving every day of the week - not just on one particular Thursday in November. I'm bearing my soul here on TWIT and will say that I've had some personal issues with Thanksgiving this year, but I've worked through them and have moved on. We've planned a simple dinner here at The Compound with the three of us, and we're going to be happy and content and thanful.


No comments: