Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another "Why Didn't I Think Of That"? Idea

I was on my home this evening from an appointment downtown, and was very intrigued by a delivery truck that was in front of me for a few miles. It was a pretty good sized panel truck, and on the back it said "Store To Door Delivery" and had a phone number and website on the truck. As I said, I was intrigued (read: nosey) and as soon as I got home I did a quick Google search and found out the truck was simply what the name said -- store to door delivery of any product from any store. You call this company, pay them, and they will pick up your item from the store and yes, you guessed it, deliver it to your door. No product is too big or too small, the sign on the delivery truck said. I immediately thought "Why didn't I think of that?" They've been in business for ten years, are bonded and insured, and will even set up the product for an additional nominal fee. We sure could have used them last fall when we got the hi-def TV last fall, but I digress. Their delivery fees seem pretty fair to me - $29.99 and up for small items and $49.99 and up for large or multiple items. I'm sure stores might get some kind of kick-back from this, if they can work out a deal and refer this company for their deliveries. But this is an excellent idea, and the young man that started the company gets a big thumb's up from TWIT for coming up with this idea. I just wish I'd thought of it. Not that I would be the one making the deliveries, but I've always wanted to boss people around.

No comments: