Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Flashback Friday Two Days Early

A friend and I were discussing one our favorite childhood memories today, and it involved a fish restaurant. We chatted for a few minutes and had some laughs over Eddie's Seafood House and I just knew I had to Flashback about it a couple of days early.

When I was little, on Thanksgiving Eve, Mom and Dad would always stop at the infamous Eddie's Seafood House for fish on their way home from work. Back in the day, getting carry-out was a pretty special thing, unlike today when a lot of people have it 2 or 3 times a week. But I digress. They would always bring home supper on Thanksgiving Eve so Grandma and Mom wouldn't have to cook supper since they'd be cooking most of the next day. But like I said, it was a big deal.

Eddie's would put their fish and fries in a white cardboard box, similar to a cake box. The fish was awesome and never smelled fishy, and the fries were out of this world. They had the small krinkle cut fries and they were always fried just right. To this day I've never had fish or fries that taste quite like Eddie's did.

When my friend and I were talking about Eddie's today, we both agreed that back in the day we thought it was a pretty fancy place. Neither one of us remembered eating there - we just remembered our families getting carry-out but we both thought the place looked pretty fancy. Eddie's Seafood House is long gone now, and a convenient store sits in its place. But we'll always remember the awesome fish and fries that we got there.

No comments: