Saturday, November 21, 2009

Popcorn Worth Travelling For


I'm not ashamed to admit that I made a trip to Target earlier this afternoon just to buy popcorn. The 'Rents and I believe that Target has the best popcorn in the world. Yes, I said in the world. And I'm not alone in this. Some friends stopped by The Compound shortly after I got home with our popcorn and seeing it on the counter they both commented on how they think Target has the best popcorn in the world, too.
We're not sure what makes it so good - it's always fresh, and given the fact that Target is about 5 minutes from The Compound, it's usually still fairly warm when I get home with it. It's not too salty, and is never greasy - it's just right. In fact, it's darned near perfect.
Today, they had a sale - a medium bag of popcorn and a medium soft drink for only a buck. Now I ask you - where can you get a bargain like that? It sure isn't at the movie theaters or concert halls.

No comments: