Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Lesson Learned

Today, I reviewed a lesson that I learned years ago: my parents are two of the smartest, wisest people that I know.

I apologize for not being able to go into much detail tonight, but just suffice today that Bud and Minnie are two of the smartest, wisest people that I know. We've been discussing an issue for a few weeks now, and during supper tonight Bud and Minnie spewed forth wisdom like I've never seen before. I was truly in awe, and then I was in thanks that I have them as my wise counsel. For the past few days, I've wanted to just go off half-cocked, but thanks to them, they reigned me in and kept me from saying or doing something I would regret.

When you're my age (or maybe younger or even older) some people think that your parents are still just old people that don't know anything about what's going on. I will say that has never been the case with me. My parents have always known what was going on - even when I was too stupid to realize it.

Not a day goes by that I don't thank the Lord that I still have Bud and Minnie in my life. Through their living example they've taught me more than they will ever know.

No comments: