Monday, November 30, 2009

Paranormal Activity At The Compound

We had a very bizarre incident last night at The Compound. I had just come home from the afternoon out, and was walking through the hallway back to my bedroom when I noticed how unusually cold that part of the house was. Oh hell, I muttered out loud; I thought for sure the furnace had gone out. I went on to my bedroom and changed into some sweat pants and a t-shirt and while I was changing I could hear the furnace. I walked over and put my hand down by the register and felt warm air coming out, so I knew the furnace was working just fine. I started back down the hallway and noticed again how cold it felt. That little voice told me to go into the bathroom. Imagine my surprise when I saw the double-paned window down. I know I'm going to describe this accurately but suffice to say the window had to have been opened from the inside, not the outside. I said something to the 'Rents about it, and Mom came in to put the window back up because I had no clue how it worked. I guess if I'd been there by myself I would have taped plastic up over the window until Mom got back home to put it up. Anyhoo, for a minute or two, she and I stared at the open window, trying to figure out how it came open. The windows are only a few years old, and that window is almost never opened - not even in the early summer before we flip the switch on the a/c, so it couldn't have been worn out. And we hadn't had a big wind storm or anything that would have somehow blown it open. We just couldn't figure this one out. So I just chalked it up to paranormal activity at The Compound. Stay tuned - I'll keep you posted of anymore paranormal events.

No comments: