Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wreck Assessment

All day long I was worried and nerved up over what the first estimate would be to repair my beloved Blazer after Sunday's wreck. I've barely eaten anything in the past two days (something that I'm sure my Biggest Loser "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" team will be happy over, but I digress. ) I got the estimate back, and after I saw the total dollar figure, I have to say I could not breathe. But then I looked back to an email I got this morning when I got to work from my boss, who is off on a medical leave as she is battling ovarian and colon cancer, and then my attitude changed completely. She told me that she just completed her next-to-last chemo treatment, and was currently in what she calls the "crappy" stage. She also told me that she talked to our other co-worker who is also battling cancer, and found out that her doctors have stopped her chemo treatments because the tumors in her liver have not responded to the chemo treatments and have expanded.

I don't need to tell you that as soon as I read that, all of the anxiety, stress, and worries that I had over my stupid car and my shoulder just disappeared. None of that mattered anymore. As I made it through the rest of the afternoon and evening, all I could think of was how there's no such thing as coincidence, and how the Lord allows things to happen in our lives to put things in perspective for us. There's not much else I can say about this .

1 comment:

Toots said...

Funny how God puts things in perspective for us, ain't it?