Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Speak Up

It's been one of the roughest weeks at work for me. On Monday, I attended the funeral of a friend and co-worker who lost a long hard battle with cancer. She sat just a few feet away from me in our cubicle for the past six years. Over the years we laughed together, we cried together, and we got mad at each other. Neither one of us were the world's best at speaking our feelings - we would hold things inside when we should have spoke our minds. I'm sorry that I waited until a few months before she died to finally speak up about some things, but at least I spoke up. After I finally did say what was on my mind, tensions eased; I only regret that I didn't speak up sooner.

If there's one thing I learned this past week it's that life is way too short to hold things inside. We don't know if there will be a tomorrow for us to fix things or say what's on our minds and in our hearts - we have to do it today. I hope and pray I can put that in practice.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Just imagaine how you would feel now if you hadn't spoke your mind. No time for regrets.

Toots said...

This was very appropriate. Good post, Puddin.