Sunday, December 23, 2007

Link Of The Week

I have a few friends who are elementary school teachers, and I've heard them mention how they end up spending hundreds of dollars a year of their own money to buy supplies for their classes.  Sure, the school system provides some things, but the teachers spend their own money to buy things that could really benefit the students. 

Friday night, I saw a very cool story on ABC's "20/20" - it was about a teacher who designed a website where other teachers could post things that they really need for their class, and people just like you and me could donate money to buy them.  I did some checking, and found out this is a very worthwhile and legitimate cause.  If you have a few bucks leftover from after your Christmas shopping is done, please visit http://www.donorschoose.org and help them out.  Even if it's only a couple of bucks, it will still be very much appreciated.  I'm very happy to say I won some money last week and in honor of TWIT and all of my faithful readers, I made a donation to help a teacher buy white wipe boards for her class.  I don't ask you, my faithful readers, to donate very often but this is a very worthwhile cause.  Donors Choose receives the TWIT Seal Of Approval.

No comments: