Tuesday, December 18, 2007

File Under: WTF?

It's 9:15, and I'm happy to say that I completed all of my Christmas shopping in two hours tonight.  Actually an hour an a half, if you factor in a half hour I spent visiting with neighbors at our 'hood new dining and drinking establishment before I came home.  It wasn't that bad of an experience; it could have been a lot worse.  I needed help from a Sales Associate at Wal-Mart and only had to wait 7 minutes before I was helped.  While standing in the electronics department waiting to be helped, I noticed something disturbing.  I started counting and in the 7 minute duration of my wait, I saw 4 young women shopping in the store wearing flannel sleep pants. Sad, sad, sad.

I've never admitted this to anyone, but on Christmas Eve eve 2004, I actually went out of the house in my flannel sleep pants and drove in the BMW up to the drive-thru at White Castle to get burgers for lunch.  It was after spending 5 hours shovelling snow from our driveway. And no, I didn't shovel the snow in the flannel pants; I changed into them after getting out of my jeans and long underwear.  But I never set foot out of the car except in my own driveway; I wasn't traipsing through a crowded mega-store the week before Christmas doing my shopping. 

I don't know where things went wrong.  Somewhere along the way, young women got the impression that it was perfectly OK to wear these flannel sleep pants out in public. I don't know where they got that idea, but they need to rethink. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember driving up to my daughter's private school one year, and spied my eldest daughter across the lawn in her sleep wear pants playing soccer.  Ummm, hello?  We had a nice long talk about it that evening and it was the last time she wore them in public, lol.  Well I guess its better than them not wearing hardly anything at all though!  I see young woman trying to bare as much skin as possible, where trashy is in with their skin and it doesnt' matter what size they boast either.  What is it they call the girls that go around wearing low riders with their chub hanging over the waist band of their pants??  I forget, but its just not something I care to see!  Ick!

Anonymous said...

It's a Muffin Top and I don't want to see it either.  Nor do I want to see a pregnant person wearing a belly shirt.