Friday, December 7, 2007

Flashback Friday

                        

Last week on Flashback Friday, we discussed cereal box prizes.  This week, we'll continue with the theme and discuss prizes that were actually on the cereal box.  Of course, I can only be talking about one thing: cardboard and flimsy plastic records. 

I'll be enternally grateful to folks at Post for putting the records on the back of their Alpha Bits and Honeycomb cereals.  My favorite was the above-pictured Bobby Sherman record featuring his song "Easy Come Easy Go."  Mind you, as a small child, I wasn't the best at cutting cardboard with those small safety scissors, so my records from the back of the cereal boxes would never be perfectly round like a record should be, but fortunately I never cut into the plastic so the record would still play.  Even though I wanted to play the cereal box records on the 'Rents' very nice German stereo, I had to play them on my green and white plastic portable record player.

No comments: