Monday, December 24, 2007

A Christmas Wish For My Faithful Readers

It's hard to believe it's Christmas Eve.  As a little kid, I remember I would be running on adrenalin all day long.  Now that I'm older, (note: I didn't say "old") Christmas Eve and Christmas Day is wayyyyy more low key.  As I sit here still in my pajamas and sipping coffee, I've been thinking of what I would give to you, my faithful readers, if I had an endless supply of money and power this Christmas.  Here's a few things I've come up with. 

For SH - I would get you a year's worth of no doctors' and dentists' visit for you and your kids.  You've had more than your share of trips to the doctor for you and P and M this year, and you deserve a year of the family being healthy and pain-free.

For JMc - I would give you a gift certificate to the Gibson factory store in Memphis, where you could go there and pick out any guitar that you want.  You work hard with your job, Boy Scouts, and various sports with your kids, and you deserve it.  And if they don't have what you want at the store, just have them custom make one for you. 

For JM - I would give you an acre of land where you could grow and landscape a rememberance garden of flowers and plant an awesome vegetable garden.  Of course, there would be a catch - you would have plant me a few rows of black eyed peas. 

For Big Mama - I would give you an authentic stage outfit that Roy Orbison wore while performing, complete with sunglasses.  I'd also give you a few cases of Tall Boys. 

For ABI - I would give you a cruise to whereever you'd want to go, alone.  You're a working mother and are into a lot of things, and you could probably use some "me" time by yourself.  

For BioTat - I would give you a housekeeper to do all of the cooking, cleaning and shopping at your home, so you would never have to do it again. 

For MP - I would give you an exact replica of Sunkist.  I'd also have it fitted with a sidecar for me to ride in. 

For Diva Stacy - I would give you the tour bus that belonged to The First Lady of Country Music, Miss Tammy Wynette, complete with a driver.  But this gift is given out of partially selfish motives, because I would be on the bus, too. 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so nice of you to include me, it could be a cruise for the worn out women, LOL.  I would sure enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

What more could a gal want?
Well to have ROY signing to me......but thanks mucho for what you would get me, I could use a Tall Boy now

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wishful gift of the Sunkist replica.  I still have occasional dreams of that Honda 550 as if it were yesterday.   If I ever have another motorcycle, you will be the first to be whisked away to retrace the roadways of Boston, Bardstown, Samuels and the Muldraugh Hill.  This time we would be brave enough to imbibe at the river bottom honky tonks that we were apprehensive to enter before.