Wednesday, August 22, 2007

State Fair Review

I know you, my faithful readers, have been accustomed to reading my top ten interesting items from my trip to the Kentucky State Fair.   After spending yesterday and today at the fair in the oppressive heat and humidity, I'm worn out as I type this.  But I did have TWIT on my mind the past two days of fair going - I wanted to come up with the perfect journal entry.  Yesterday, I'd originally planned on writing a Top Ten Foods Eaten At The Kentucky State Fair By Puddin and Her Dad, but we only came up with 8.  Then while walking through the vendors and booths in the South Wing, I saw the most bizarre thing I've ever seen at the Kentucky State Fair.  And I think I can safely say I will probably  never seen anything more bizarre at future Kentucky State Fairs, nor any state fair for that matter.  There in the South Wing, among booths selling kitchen knives, pleather purses and wallets, Watkins products, and double-paned windows, was a booth selling wooden caskets.  Hand to heaven, they were selling wooden caskets.  I just don't think there's anything else I can say about that, so I'll leave you with the Top Eight Foods Eaten At The Kentucky State Fair By Puddin And Her Dad:

1.  Corndog
2.  Bottle of water
3.  Country ham biscuit
4.  Pineapple whip (ice cream cone)
5.  Ribeye steak sandwich
6.  Fried ribbon potato
7.  Lemonade
8.  Cold Bud Light

Please note that the first four items were eaten within the first hour of fair attendance.

No comments: