Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Another Full Moon Experience

The 'rents and I got up at 5:30 yesterday morning to watch the lunar eclipse.  It was the first lunar eclipse I'd witnessed personally, and I have to say it was pretty darned cool. I also witnessed another phenomenon yesterday: the Full Moon Experience. 

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about -- the way that people act plain crazy during the full moon.  They drive crazier than normal, and act crazier than normal.  Weird things happen during the full moon, too.  Unfortunately, this happens every month.  But people aren't the only ones affected by the full moon; it affects animals, too.  Take our two donkeys for example.  Yesterday, they acted crazier than normal.  They were afraid of everything, and were skittish all day long.  When I pulled under the carport last night, they were even afraid of my car and ran to the far back lot.  We could never figure out what was scaring them throughout the day and just chalked up to the Full Moon Experience.

The neighborhood raccoons were under the influence of the full moon as well.  They terrorized our neighbors' garbage cans last night, and took advantage of the full moon party to spread out as much garbage in our neighbors' yard as possible.  But we've got the traps set again tonight and hope to have another successful capture tomorrow morning.  I'll keep you posted and will take pictures. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They don't call it lunacy for nothin'!