Sunday, August 12, 2007

Link Of The Week

Working in the wonderful world of customer service for a 'few' years taught me more than I could have ever learned in a business school classroom.  The main thing it taught me was to be a better customer.  I was more patient and considerate whenever I had to call a customer service representative about something.  Once again, the Golden Rule is the only way to go.  But getting through to an actual person so I could practice the Golden Rule was a challenge.  It's a universal problem we hear about all the time - people get frustrated and fed up with having to press number after number on the keypad of their phone to speak to an actul person. 

This week, I found a website that will help us get to an actual person when we make a call to a company.  Visit http://www.gethuman.com and you'll find a list of phone numbers to call, and more importantly, detailed instructions on what numbers to enter or what to do once your call goes through.  The database is awesome - you can check it ou alphabetically or by category - finance, internet, phone (telco), etc.  I was very surprised to find out that I could get through to an actual person at Google.

No comments: