Saturday, February 26, 2005

Name The New Compound Visitor

Even though we had a few flakes of snow on Friday morning, warmer temperatures and sunshine visited us today.  We also had another visitor, pictured above.  The adorable Husky puppy has been visiting The Compound for the past few days.  He's very friendly, and is cute as can be.  He's not wearing any tag so we don't know who he belongs to.  So naturally when we gave Rocky his daily animal crackers today, we gave the Uknown Puppy some, too.  We haven't gone so far as to leave a bowl with food for this stray, but we'll be neighborly and share Rocky's treats with him as long as he's around.

At first I thought it was a girl and was calling the puppy "Tammy", after the First Lady Of Country Music, Miss Tammy Wynette.  Then for some strange reason, Mom started calling the puppy "Sparkle."  Dad quickly corrected us and said it was in deed a boy.  We're stumped - we don't know what to call the puppy.  That's where I need your help.  I'm asking you, my faithful readers, to please submit a name for us to call the Unknown Puppy.  I will give you a couple of days, and on Wednesday, I will announce the winner.  I'm sorry, but I don't have a prize to give for this contest; you'll just get the satisfaction of knowing that I picked your name as the winner.  I'm looking forward to your suggestions. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.....  How about one of these?

He looks like a "Jessie" to me, but here's some others,
Smokey
Bandit
Grady


I like him.  I think he should stick around.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a "Scrat" to me.