Sunday, February 13, 2005

Link Of The Week

What's in a name?  "Carla" is not a very popular name.  It's not like Brittany or Heather in terms of popularity, but I like it.  My parents chose my name because I was originally supposed to be named Carl Jr. after my father, but playing the chromosone cards they were dealt, my parents had to compromise a bit but still named me after my father. 

You can see how popular your name has been.  Just go to http://www.birthdayalarm.com/NamePopularity.jsp?MID=964 and enter your first name and you'll see where your name ranked in previous years.  For instance, "Carla" ranked 82 out of the top 1000 names chosen for babies in the 60's.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my name was real poplar in the 30's, 40's (3rd), & 50's (6th)then I went to 22nd 73 and 268...........and I'm a stranger! (does that mean I'm strange? lol)