Friday, September 6, 2013

Flashback Friday

Way back in the dark ages before the days of digital cameras, we had 110 and 126 and fancy 35 mm cameras, and we had to take the rolls of film to a shop to have it developed, and have the pictures printed out into the standard 4x6 prints.  You either took them to the drugstore for developing, or you went to the handy FotoMat.  Fotomats were conveniently located in shopping center parking lots.  They were drive-thru, but I guess you could park and walk up to the window.  But I digress.
Fotomats were a bit more expensive than the drugstore or discount department store film developing places, but they were convenient.  If they were still around today, without a doubt I would be using them; as you well know, I preach that the older I get, the more I am willing to pay for convenience.

No comments: