Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fair Weather Fans Need Not Apply

When we got home from church tonight, the three of us sat down at the kitchen table to have a snack.  This is a Wednesday evening ritual; we eat lunch later on Wednesdays, because as soon as I get home from work, we head downtown to church.  So we have a snack when we get home.  Tonight we had homemade oatmeal raisin cookies courtesy of one of the coolest ladies at church, Margaret.  But I digress.  As soon as we walked in the door tonight, Dad turned on the TV because the Reds game was about to start.  We were munching on our cookies and watching the game when I noticed that the stadium was less than half full.  The Reds are playing the Astros at their Minute Maid Park in Houston, so I could understand that there wouldn't be a lot of Reds fans there, but there was no reason for there not to be many Astros fans there.  Then Dad told me that the Astros are in last place in their division.  So nobody wants to watch a losing team, I supposed.  But I'd be damned if I stayed home just because of that.  My beloved Bats were close to last place most of this season and I attended every game I could.  Heck, the stadium was packed for just about every game I attended this season.  If I peel $$$ for season tickets, I'll be there rain or shine, win or lose.  The Louisville Bats fans could teach the major leaguers a thing or two about supporting their team.

No comments: