Monday, September 9, 2013

Thank God For Hot Dogs and Root Beer

I just got home and got settled in from my business trip this weekend.  It was an awesome weekend except for the last few hours of the trip.  I was stuck in traffic for three hours due to two fatal wrecks on I-64 that had the interstate closed in both directions. 

I am thankful that before I left Huntington this afternoon that I had a hankering for a hot dog and an ice cold mug of root beer, delivered to my car on a tray that fit over the car door window opening just like back in the day.  If I hadn't taken the time to get my hot dog and root beer and take some time to eat it in the parking lot, chances are I could have been going through the spot of the wreck when it happened. 

Thank you, Lord for watching out for me like you always do, and I thank you for making me listen to that small, still voice.

No comments: