Sunday, September 8, 2013

Almost Heaven

I've been in West Virginia for a bit over twenty-four hours and even though I'm not as infatuated with the state as John Denver was, I like it.  Other than being more hilly than Louisville, it's not all that different. 

The morning at the church was awesome.  People greeted me as soon as I pulled into the parking lot, and were welcoming me all morning long.  The church is a lot like my church in terms of physical size, membership size, and location, so in a lot of ways, I felt right at home.  

I got a few strange looks this morning while I was writing down notes, and I noticed a few people asking one of the staff members about me, which thrilled me to death because that meant that the congregation members are observant and on the lookout. Once the staff member told them who I was and what I was doing, they came up to me and welcomed me and thanked me for taking the time to come and help them. 

I will say again, that the whole time I was at the church this morning I felt confident and calm, and had no fear.   

Stay tuned. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: