Monday, September 23, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mom

We've been celebrating now for two weeks, and the actual day has finally arrived; today we celebrate my sweet Mother's birthday.  Believe me when I tell you that we have been celebrating for two weeks.  And something tells me that just because today is Mom's actual birthday, the partying won't end tonight. I have a feeling we will be celebrating for at least another week.

But in all honesty, my Mom said it best -- we should celebrate our birthdays every day. I couldn't agree more.

It made me feel almost as special as Mom when she told me about the phone calls and cards she received today from friends of mine that took the time to write a card or make a phone call to an "older lady" to wish her a happy birthday.

I hope my friends will have many, many years ahead to give her and Dad birthday wishes. 

No comments: