Saturday, September 7, 2013

No Fear

In a few minutes, I will be leaving The Compound and heading eastward to West Virginia, where I will start my first paid church consulting job.  I'm so excited that I cannot put it into words.  I've trained and studied for this for over five years and I'm ready for it.  It's exciting being an entrepreneur, and it's equally exciting being able to share my knowledge to help a church. 

While I'm excited, a couple of nights ago I had a minor meltdown about it all.  But my best friend in the world was able to talk me down.  Her simple advice was "You've got this."

Honestly, fear has not been around in this whole venture.  When I made the decision during the heart of the recession in 2008 to go back to school for a second Masters Degree, there was no fear.  During the degree program, there was no fear.  And when I decided to start my own church security company, there was no fear.  So why should there be fear now?  I guess the bit of fear I had the other night was not fear of failure, but fear of success. 

I'm not going to say "Wish me luck" this weekend, because I don't really need luck; I'm ready. I've got this.  And I have no fear.

1 comment: