Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Morning Confession

I mentioned the other week that I had lost my beloved RayBan Wayfarer sunglasses, circa 1983.  I haven't found them yet, and I'm pretty sure they are somewhere in the house, but I bought a new pair of Wayfarers to replace them.  They are tortoise shell instead of the black frames on the missing ones.  But I digress. I feel the need to confess that also lost something else.  I lost my prescription glasses. 

My contacts have been bothering me the past few days so I thought I'd take them out yesterday and wear my glasses for a few days.  But I couldn't find my glasses.  The last time I remembered seeing them was when I packed for my trip to West Virginia a few weeks ago. At that time, I couldn't find the cool copper glasses case. So I wrapped them in a handy blue felt Crown Royal bag and put them in the glass holder compartment in my briefcase.  Last night, I found the glasses case but couldn't find my glasses.  I didn't have time to look this morning before church, and when I got home I started the search again. I had looked on my dresser and in the suitcase and in my purse to no avail.  I walked to the back bedroom and started to sit down at the computer but that little voice inside of me said to go look in the briefcase that was sitting on the bed. There they were.

Stay tuned, because it will be just a few days before I lost something else.  As always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: