Sunday, April 10, 2011

Special Bulletin

We preempt the regularly scheduled Link Of The Week to bring you a special news bulletin from The Compound. I am very happy (ecstatic, even) to report that the Official Flipping Of The A/C Switch occurred last night while Mom and I were at the Reba McEntire and George Strait concert. As soon as I stepped through the doorway last night when we got home, I was stepping into air conditioned comfort. And I honestly did not way one word nor did I whine or drop hints. Dad said that as soon as we left last night, he took his shower before the Reds ballgame came on, and he said that when he was getting dressed, he was sweating like a goat. Now, I consider myself an educated person, but until last night I did not know that goats sweated a lot. But I digress. So Dad said he was going to be comfortable so he decided to Flip The Switch. And it didn't come too soon. When we were getting ready for church this morning, the temp was in the upper 60's but the humidity was over 90%, and they're calling for a record high of 88 today. All I know is I slept great last night in nice, cool comfort.

No comments: