Saturday, April 16, 2011

Back In The Saddle Again

It's been over a month since I finished my Master's Degree.  It's been awesome coming home from work and being able to read a magazine or a book and not have to be working on a project or studying.  The best part has been not lugging aroung my 87 pound book bag.  Well, this weekend, I'm back in the throes of school work.  A friend and former classmate emailed me this week and asked for my help on interpreting General Motors' organizational structure chart.  I was only happy to oblige.  Then yesterday afternoon at work, my help was enlisted by a kid out in the plant.  Yes, I can call him "kid" because, well, he's young enough to be my kid.  But I digress.  He made the decision back in the winter to get his Bachelor's Degree.  Knowing I was pretty much a lifelong student, he talked to me about going to school for a few months.  I encouraged him and told him it was a great decision, and that I would help him all I could.  So now when I finish with my organizational chart project, I will be starting on a Powerpoint presentation.  And honestly, I couldn't be happier.

No comments: