Friday, April 15, 2011

Flashback Friday

Last week on Flashback Friday, we spoke about Golden Circles Bread, and how I was the only one that remembered it.   This week, we continue the old school bread theme with none other than Sunbeam Bread.  I have to give major props to my friend, coworker, and faithful reader JMc for sending me this picture.  We both agree that the Sunbeam bread girl looks evil.

I remember when I was a kid, when I would go down to the "country" to visit my dad's aunt and uncle, they always had Sunbeam bread.  And when we'd all head over to the boat dock where they kept their houseboat docked, we'd stop by the McDaniels General Store and buy a pound of bologna and a fresh loaf of Sunbeam bread.  To this day, I don't think I've ever had bread that was as freas as the Sunbeam bread back in the day.

As a kid, I didn't pay any attention to the quasi-scary girl on the Sunbeam bread wrapper, but today, it would have freaked me out. 

No comments: