Friday, April 22, 2011

Flashback Friday

It's been a slightly crazy week here at The Compound, but I would be remiss in not posting a Flashback Friday moment.

I will just say that I do not remember having the most awesome Reeses Eggs until my adulthood.  When I was a kid, the Easter candy I remember in my Easter basket was some Peeps, a hollow chocolate bunny, and some solid tiny chocolate eggs/footballs wrapped in pastel aluminum foil.  That was about it for my Easter basket.  Talking to coworkers and friends today, some Easter baskets are borderline Christmas present status, with clothes, DVDs, books, and electronic gadgets.  Somehow I don't think the kids today would be satisfied with some tiny foil wrapped chocolate eggs in their Easter baskets.  They probably gave a wish list to their parents and grandparents.

1 comment:

Toots said...

Dag Nab those blasted kids of today!