Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Can Anything Else Break?

Of course, I realize I've just jinxed myself by the title of today's TWIT entry, but I'll take my chances. Let me give you a quick rundown of all of the things broken or inoperable at The Compound right now:

BMW - have not had the patience to take it up to Auto Zone or some other car parts joint to get the alternator and battery tested. Yet for a very strange reason, it hasn't nerved me up like it normally does. It's a good thing because I've got more things to deal with today, for instance . . .

Bicycle - yes, the same one that has been in the shop 3 times in a week and a half period. This time it was my own fault. I stupidly didn't fasten the bungee cord that was holding my carrying bag onto the luggage rack and it got wound around the sprocket and now we can't get the chain back on.

The rotor tiller - Dad attempted to till up the garden last week, only to discover that the tiller wouldn't work. After my Mechanic Cousin (more on him later) thoroughly checked it out, he discovered it needed a new carburetor.

The 'Rents' Odyessy - in desperate need of a new timing belt and a water pump. But hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow by the neighbor's son who graciously offerred to do the work while on his vacation this week.

I think that's about it for non-working things at The Compound. But in the few minutes it's taken me to type this, we have updates:

BMW - Mechanic Cousin has offerred to bring over his alternator and battery testers later on this week and will see what exactly needs to be replaced on the BMW, and if it's not too big of a job, he also graciously offerred to do the work.

Bicycle - Mechanic Cousin loosened the wheel and got the chain back on and the bicycle is once again road-worthy. And on a related note, I will never get a bungee cord within ten feet of the bicycle again.

The rotor tiller - Mechanic Cousin and Dad are on their way as I type this to pick up the carburetor and will install it as soon as they get back.

So now it looks like all we need to fix most of these things is money. And I think I'm going to go take a nap after all of this. I deserve one. After all - I'm on vacation.

No comments: