Monday, May 18, 2009

The Adventures Of Mr. Skip

If you remember, last May I mentioned that we had two boarders at The Compound -- Ginger the pony and Skip the 30 year old Palimino. I promised to post pictures and time totally got away from me. That was last May. Flash forward to May 2009. Only one of the boarders are back - Ginger moved on to greener pastures a couple of months ago, and now residing at a home with a little girl who loves her, brushes her and rides her every day. But Skip is back at The Compound for his summer sabatical.

He looks great, and at an impressive age of 31 years old, still gets around pretty fast. He was in the far back lot when I came out to take his picture and after calling his name one time he trotted right up to the gate to see me. If you're an old school TV buff like I am, you'll notice an uncanny resemblance to everyone's favorite TV horse, Mr. Ed. If Mr. Skip starts talking to me like Mr. Ed did with Wilbur, you'll be the first to know.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

If he starts talking about a mullet sighting, I want to know, lol!

Aunt Barb said...

what a beautiful old timer