Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New Product Review

The 'Rents and I love Italian food, especially lasagna. But we don't eat it that often, mainly because it's not exactly low-cal and because it's a pain to make. Plus, we don't particularly care for the frozen lasagna, either. So when we saw the commercials for Pizza Hut's Tuscani Lasagna, we knew we had to try it -- someone else would be making the fresh lasagna for us, and it would hot and ready to eat; no cooking necessary.

We chose last night to try the Pizza Hut lasagna. Mom was drafted as driver to haul me home from the eye doctor since it really wouldn't have been safe for other motorists for me to drive home after having my eyes dilated, so to thank her for her services I told her we'd stop on the way home and pick up a pan. I was hoping the ordering process for our lasagna wasn't going to be an indication of how the actual lasagna would be; I was on the phone on hold for 15 minutes waiting for an actual Pizza Hut worker to take my order. By the time they took my order and said it would be about 20 minutes, we were about 10 minutes away from the Pizza Hut. Anyhoo, we picked it up and drove about 15 minutes to The Compound, and by the time we went inside and sliced into the pan of lasagna, I'm very happy to report it was still hot and didn't need reheating.

We were hungry and dove into the lasagna like we hadn't eaten in weeks. It rocked. It was full of ricotta cheese and lots of meat, just how we like our lasagna, and tasted homemade. I admit I was expecting it to taste like one of the pans of microwave lasagna, but I was pleasantly surprised. The size of the lasagna also surprised me for a couple of reasons. First of all, the height/thickness of the lasagna was about half the size of the one shown on the commercials. But at the same time, there was a lot of lasagna in the pan. They advertise it as "feeds four" but with a salad or vegetable you could easily double the portions and feed eight with it. And Pizza Hut also threw in five bread sticks at no extra charge. The five bread sticks produced a slight WTF moment, though -- they say "feeds four" and yet they give you five bread sticks. But I digress. Like I said, Pizza Hut's Tuscani lasagna rocked. It most definitely gets the TWIT (and Puddin family) Seal Of Approval.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

It sounds good! I have a quick lasagna I make with jar sauce, but agree its a pain to make. Oh who am I kidding, anytime I cook it is a pain, lol. Have a good day!