Monday, March 23, 2009

I Still Don't Deserve Electronics

As I type this, I'm in the midst of re-syncing my new iTouch for the fifth time. No, that was not a typo - I did mean to say "fifth time." I'm not ashamed to announce for the entire world wide web to hear that I have some issues with iTunes. I don't think I've attempted to download anything from iTunes to my other iPod or this iTouch when I didn't have problems with. And the problems have always been with the user, not the software or iPods.

Before re-syncing, I spent almost an hour deleting duplicates in my music library that were copied when I stupidly added my backup copy of the music library. Twice. See? I told you that I have issues with iTunes. After all of the duplicates were deleted and the iTouch was synced and filled with my music, I spent another twenty minutes trying to get a couple of movies and some videos to sync.

I'm an intelligent woman; people come to me for help with college school work or with their computers and I'm able to help with no problem. Yet after a few years of dealing with iTunes I still have problems with it. I think it's all because iPods (and basically every other electronic gadget) doesn't come with an old school owners manual. I get frustrated having to bring up Internet Explorer on the computer and go to iTunes or iPod help to find a solution to my problem. Maybe I would have more confidence if I had an owner's manual. I doubt it, but it sounded good.

1 comment:

Mystical said...

OK, first I'm going to one up you because I didn't even know what an iTouch was and I consider myself to be fairly tech saavy. Go figure! Anyway, if you are interested, I have pasted a link here that may help you. It's a .pdf and you can easily save it to your desktop and access anytime you need to.
Good luck!
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iPod_touch_Features_Guide.pdf