Saturday, March 21, 2009

New Developments

After reading the title "New Developments" I guess it's redundant - any development is new. But that's what this post is going to be titled because I have a development which is new to tell you about.

For the past couple of months, I've been helping some friends that are going back to school to finish their Bachelor's Degrees. Let's call it tutoring. I've helped them on everything from fallen empires in western civilization to supply and demand curves, with quite a few things in between. All the time I was helping research and tutor, I was happy - doing the school thing puts me in my element where I am content and happy. I started thinking about it, and prayed about it, and this week I made a big quasi-life-changing decision: I decided to go back to school and get a second Master's Degree.

Before I go any further, let me reassure you that I am of sound mind and am not doing this under duress. Yep, I decided it on my own. Helping my friends with their classes stirred something up inside of me that was too big to ignore. People that know me will tell you that I love school - I always have and hopefully always will. The years that I was finishing my Bachelor's Degree and working on my first Master's Degree were some of the happiest years of my life. Some of you might think that alone makes me certifiable but trust me - I think I'm fairly sane; I've just always loved school and love learning.

I've been accepted into the sequential degree program at my alma mater Webster University, and starting May 29, I will begin the Master of Arts Degree in Business and Organizational Security Management. No, I won't be learning about how to keep people from shoplifting in a store - this has to do with keeping a company safe from takeovers, external threats, company asset protection, etc. You get the picture. And contrary to what a couple of co-workers think, I will not be able to have the title Officer Puddin. But I'm excited about it - probably more excited than I've been about something in a few years.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

WTG Puddin! Websters is a well known college in the business community I deal with and folks have encouraged me a time or two to go all the way for my Masters. I don't see it happening, but who knows. If I do pursue a Masters, it will be with Websters University.