Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Squeaked By One More Year

Today was the annual trip to the eye doctor. I'll have to go back later and proofread this to make sure there aren't any typos, becauase I still can barely see as a result of having my eyes dialated. But I digress. I'm not ashamed to say I was dreading it. It's not because of my eye doctor; I think Dr. Parker is without a doubt the nicest doctor, and probably even professional-type person that I know. I dreaded going because I was for sure this visit would be the one that she would mention the "B" word to me. Yep, bifocals. But I squeaked by for one more year.

It's getting close, I will admit. For the past few months I've noticed a slight change when I was laying on the bed reading; yep, I started pushing the book a bit farther away. And I also noticed in church when I held the hymnal. Dr. Parker changed the prescription for my contacts and in my glasses to "compensate" she said. Riiiiiight. That was her way of being nice to me and putting off bifocals for one more year. Anyhoo, I got a great report from Dr. Parker. She said that other then a slight change when I read up close, things were fine. She even gave me a case (yes, an entire case) of small bottles of saline solution, too. And before I left, she reassured me that I still have the bluest eyes of all of her blue-eyed patients. Of course, she said that AFTER I had written out the check to pay the bill.

No comments: