Saturday, March 14, 2009

It Rained On My Parade

In case you haven't caught on by my comments in recent posts, I've gotten really into holidays lately. In fact, I've had our St. Patrick's Day t-shirts for the 'Rents and I for probably a couple of months now. I also bought a very cool Mad Hatter style big green hat, and just this afternoon I bought a pair of green-tinted beer mug glasses to complete my St. Patrick's Day ensamble. Sure it's only one day, but who cares. I'll have fun all day long with my wearing o' the green.

Even though I'm excited about this Tuesday, I'm kinda bummed this afternoon. For the first time, I'd planned to go to our city's St. Patrick's Day parade. Of course, it's cold and raining right now. And I found out earlier today that my beloved Derby City Roller Girls are going to be skating in the parade, too. Maybe that makes me a fair weather St. Patrick's Day supporter, but once again, who cares. I'll be there next year, provided it's not raining.

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You must take pictures