Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm Not Going To Be Fooled Again

It's hard to believe that today is the last day of March, and that only means one thing: tomorrow is April Fool's Day. Yep, my sweet, kind Mother's favorite holiday of the year. In case you're a new faithful reader and don't know why April Fool's Day is her favorite holiday, let me explain: from the moment I wake up until the time I go to bed on April 1, my Mother tries to prank me with April Fools jokes and tricks. And unfortunately for me, she almost always suceeds.

I'll give her the early morning tricks - it's easy to trick someone who just crawled out of bed two minutes earlier. Why, anyone would go look out the window when their sweet Mother said with sincerity "Oh my gosh - I cannot believe it snowed last night." I'll confess she's got me on that one quite a few times - even on mornings when the temperature is well above freezing. And the jokes and tricks don't stop when I leave for work; she'll call me a couple of times during the day and silly me, I fall for each and every prank she pulls.

It's not like she pulls pranks that are set up - for instance, she's never put Saran wrap over the toilet seat (I'm thinking Dad might be real happy if he was the one to discover that trick), and she's never short-sheeted my bed; her tricks are more subtle and usually involve me looking at something outside or on the counter top that isn't there. This year, I'm going to be on top of my game and I will watch her like a hawk. I'll report back tomorrow evening and let you know if she got me or not.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Your mom and I have something in common, LOL. It is also my favorite holiday of the year! :-) I'm a prankster at heart too.