Sunday, March 1, 2009

Link Of The Week

Last night was a first for me. I attended my first roller derby match. I'm hooked. It was very cool to see the Derby City Roller Girls beat the Roller Girls of Southern Indiana. I'm sorry but I was so excited that I forgot the final score. Both teams scored in the 60's and we won by just a few points. But I digress. It was very cool to see roller derby in person. When I was little, I watched it every Saturday night with Grandma and Grandpa. They loved it, too, because they used to go down to the Armory to watch it. In fact, Louisville was one of the first four U.S. cities to host roller derby back in the 30's. But I digress once again. Please take a moment to check out the home page of the Derby City Roller Girls (DCRG) at http://www.derbycityrollergirls.com and hopefully you'll become a fan like I did. For those here in the 'Ville, their next home match isn't until the end of March, but I'd love to see you there. I know I'll be there on the front roll cheering on the DCRG.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

One of the gals that got kicked off biggest loser started with a roller derby team. I used to watch those shows growing up too. Glad you enjoyed it!