Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Good Luck Tuesday

I am just giddy with excitement as I type this tonight: I got the BMW repaired today and for the first time in years, it was less than the $400 minimum cap. Truth be told, the repair cost me about twelve bucks.

I've had an annoying leak for six or so months, but have just ignored it and procrastinated taking it to the shop for the $$$ repair. A couple of weeks ago, a friend from the VFW who is a retired mechanic told me to bring the car up to the post one night and he'd check it out. So tonight I drove her up there, and about 30 seconds after I popped the hood, my new friend "Stick" said "It's that little plastic T right there." He took off the T, which was connecting three hoses to the radiator, and took off a clamp, and sent them and me in his Lincoln Town Car up to Auto Zone to get the parts to fix the BMW. Let me tell you this Lincoln was the sweetest ride I have ever driven. But I digress. I got the parts, and then came back and held the flashlight as the mechanic's assistant while Stick put the T and clamps on and a few bucks and an hour later the BMW is back in business. Now the Old Man won't be bitching about the coolant leak on the carport floor. It pays to have friends.

No comments: