Monday, June 18, 2007

New Product Review

                  

You should know by now that I love Reese's Cups, having written about them repeatedly in New Product Review.  Well, the good folks at Hershey's have brought us another awesome Reese Cup -- the limited edition Elvis Peanut Butter and Banana Creme Reese's Cup to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death.  In case you didn't know, peanut butter and banana sandwiches were a favorite of The King.  This is the first time that Hershey has made a limited-edition product, and what better to have - a union of two American icons. 

I'd read about the Peanut Butter and Banana Creme Reese's Cups last December, and was pleasantly surprised to find them at my local Dollar General Store last week.  The official press release said they would be on the market at the end of July, a few weeks before the actual 30th anniversary of Elvis' death on August 16.   I could imagine a fancy, big grocery superstore having these limited edition Reese's Cups, but my little neighborhood Dollar General Store having them before they're introduced to the rest of the country?  Who would have thought it.

I couldn't wait to try these, and for once I wasn't hesitant like I usually am when I try a new flavor of my favorite candy bar, Reese's Cups.  After the first bite, I was hooked.  It was awesome.  Hershey's has the right ratio of peanut butter to banana creme.  Neither of those two flavors were overpowering; as I said, it was just right.  Add to that the rich Hershey's chocolate covering the cup and you've got one of their best special versions of the Reese's Cup ever made. 

As I said earlier, these are a limited edition, so they'll only be in the stores for awhile, so stock up on them while you can.  Peanut Butter and Banana Creme Reese's Cups proudly receive the TWIT Seal Of Approval.  To Hershey, all I can say is thank you, thank you very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked them too Puddin.