Thursday, June 28, 2007

Get A @#$% Battery Already

Our cubicle at work is in the corner of the building, just feet away from the door that goes out into the factory.  They chose our strategically located area to hang the company defib machine.  There's an alarm on the box, and whenever someone opens the door, which they do once or twice a week as a prank, a loud alarm blasts out.  It's pretty annoying to be working at your desk and then hear something that sounds like a fog horn blowing.  But I digress. 

When I got to work Monday morning, I heard a beeping noise and then a woman's voice coming from an area by our cubicle.  I didn't think anymore of it, but a few minutes later I heard it again.  And again and again and again.  I got up and walked around the area, trying to find where it was coming from but I couldn't figure it out.  It was well into Tuesday when we finally found out what it was -- it was an alarm on the defib machine making the beeps and then a woman's voice saying "Please replace the battery."  This has gone on since Monday morning at about 8:10 every 20 minutes on the dot.  My co-workers can vouch for me if you think I'm exagerating because I tell you the truth.  I just hope that nobody needs to use the defib machine until the new battery gets here. 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll call some of my friends (if needed for mouth to mouth) if you need it......lol