Saturday, June 10, 2006

Wish Me Luck - I Might Be Working For Beyonce

Beyoncé Needs Girl Band for Upcoming Tour
Jun 8, 5:29 PM EST

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Beyoncé Knowles needs an all-female band for her upcoming tour — and fast. Knowles is searching for musicians to play on a tour in support of her second solo album, "B'Day," Columbia Records announced this week.

The album will be released internationally on Sept. 4, her 25th birthday, and in the United States on Sept. 5.

Auditions will be held Monday in Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Burbank, Calif., and Weehawken, N.J. The band will include drummers, keyboard players, bassists, guitarists, horn players and percussionists.

Finalists from local auditions must be available to travel to New York to audition for Knowles later in the week and to begin working on the road by June 20, the record label said.

Aspiring band members must be 18 or older and must be prepared to play Knowles' "Work It Out," as performed on the "Beyonce: Live at Wembley" DVD.

Knowles, who fronted R&B girl group Destiny's Child, won five Grammy Awards for her top-selling solo debut, 2003's "Dangerously in Love."

I think I would have a chance.  I can play the guitar - I've been playing it for 30 years.  I think Beyonce would be impressed to see that on my resume. I've also had experience in playing in front of live paying audiences, too.  Not very many times, but a few.  So I can at least say that I've gotten paid to play.  Plus I got my musical start singing at home with my family and at church - just like Beyonce did.  I'm sure that would give me an advantage over the younger guitar chicks.   Once she finds out that I played for the infamous all-girl band "The Bobbed Tail Nags" I know the job will be all mine.

No comments: