Friday, June 2, 2006

I Thought Easter Was Two Months Ago?

First of all, please click on the "View Larger" link above the picture so you can see what I'm talking about.  Second, you're looking at Brownie, our resident huge rabbit here at The Compound.  He's been here for over two years, and from what we can tell, he's a domestic pet rabbit that someone probably got tired of and was turned loosed out here in our area, and ended up migrating to The Compound.  He's not afraid of people or the donkeys.  One of his favorite spots is out in the pasture with Pancho and Pedro.  I've seen him hopping between their legs and they don't even pay attention to him.  He'll also let us get within two feet of him before he scampers off. 

Anyhoo, I snuck outside the other morning to take a picture of Brownie out in the backyard.  True to form, he saw me and scampered off next door, but I think you can get the visualization on how big he is.  We refer to Brownie as a "he" simply because we're not sure of the gender.  Maybe he is a she.  Who knows.  All we know is Brownie is fertile - we've seen 3 little Brownies out in the garden so far.

No comments: