Thursday, June 8, 2006

Funny News From The 'Hood

I've mentioned before about the newly renovated McD's in the 'hood.  This is the one with the dangerous drive-thru lanes.  I'm sure you remember a previous post about this - this McD's has two drive-thru lanes with two separate drive-thru menus and the two lanes merge into one as you go to the window where you pay.  Noone has reported any wrecks at the drive-thru merge area to me, so I guess people are paying attention. 

One of my co-workers and faithful readers, SH, was at this McD's yesterday when she read the funniest sign.  She said that visiting this McD's in the 'hood is one of the perks - it gives me quite a few things to write about in TWIT.  Once again, keep in mind this McD's is in the 'hood.  Apparently, their credit card POS terminals were down and they were only accepting cash.  Here's what SH had to say:

I got the biggest laugh this morning:

I drive up to my local McDonald's drive thru in the hood and the (handwritten) sign below the order mike says "We can only take cash.  We cannot use credit/debit card machines.  They broke."

No comments: